Hello[golygu cod y dudalen]
Hello, I'm Victuallers and I'm also chair of wikimedia UK. I'm keen to finf Welsh language enthusiasts to join others on the Wright Challengl all, where an English Museum has agreed to label its artefacts in Welsh, and Croat and .... Victuallers 15:04, 23 Mai 2011 (UTC)
- Sounds interesting. Any more details? Thanks, Peredur ap Rhodri 21:00, 23 Mai 2011 (UTC)
Wright Challenge[golygu cod y dudalen]
- Superb look here - it seems odd that we have so many languages for only one from the UK, although we do have 1 or 2 in Irish Victuallers 10:01, 30 Mai 2011 (UTC)
QRpedia[golygu cod y dudalen]
Can anyone tell me can you have a phone with its operating system in Welsh? because then we can create the first museum in England with Welsh support!) Victuallers 10:06, 30 Mai 2011 (UTC)
- I'm very interested to find if anyone has one of these Samsung phones? I will look on ebay but can you tell me if it can read the QRpedia code on the MonmouthpediA site and does it display Welsh without any extra help.
- P.S. I think its a bit sad that that Samsung created the phone to support Welsh but Samsung S5600 is a red link here. Victuallers (sgwrs) 12:11, 17 Mawrth 2012 (UTC) - Thanks John Jones! - very quickly fixed Victuallers (sgwrs) 23:17, 17 Mawrth 2012 (UTC)
- I don't think it's a smart phone; doesn't have a compass / gps system etc. The situation I think is that although Welsh is in Google's Android, the version used by Orange, Vodaphone etc have been customised by themselves and doesn't work. See here. The Welsh language Board doesn't seem to be doing anything: the Samsung S56600 was a one off. I'll give them a ring - if they still exist! Llywelyn2000 (sgwrs) 03:17, 18 Mawrth 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for the information, Can't believe the Welsh Language board are not doing anything. S4c and dual language signing costs a fortune whereas getting Welsh onto the shop version of Android would only be a matter of a bit of threatening legislation. Cannot follow your link I, ll see if I can translate it. Your Android information gives a way forward I think as all Android phones can be flattened and reinstalled with a different version. I have someone in Scotland who has volunteered to look at this problem.
- Even though the Samsung may not be smart it should nt effect the QRpedia app as we don't need a very clever phone - although it would prevent augmented reality apps being shown off. Does anyone here have one of these phones? Victuallers (sgwrs) 08:10, 18 Mawrth 2012 (UTC)